Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekly Expense Report - Daily Maintenance

This week's expenses have been all about maintenance. My daily beauty routine is very important to me since my job puts so much emphasis on appearance. I usually go for flashy products that gets me lots of compliments so I need to focus more on maintenance.

I turned twenty-six last month so I decided that I need to start taking better care of my skin. My best friend introduced me to BB cream, a Korean wonder-product to conceal, moisturize, and repair skin. Many Asian brands carry a BB cream but BRTC is supposed to be the best. After trying her kit over a long weekend I fell in love and started a BRTC BB cream skin care regime ($79) of my own.


My one non-beauty purchase this week wasn't my doing. My boyfriend happened to be at Banana Republic when they were having a power lunch sale and all clearance was an additional 40% off. He saw these and picked them up for me since he knows I'm trying to break out of my fashion rut. I will be rocking these skinny cargo pants ($40) with flirty diaphanous tops in pastel colors.


Urban Decay's Primer Potion ($19) was the whole purpose behind my Sephora order this week. My local Sephora was still carrying the wand-type applicators (such a waste of product!) so I had to order the new squeeze tube. I use eyeshadow primer every day since my skin is oily and it keeps my shadow from creasing and gives stronger color pay off.


Of course I had to spend $50 to get free shipping so I picked up this Kat Von D Truth palette ($17) for half price! I love her cosmetic line and rockabilly packaging. I have two lipsticks of hers and I've been dying to try her palettes!


I rounded out my green-infused Truth palette with Kat Von D Autograph liquid liner in Proud Peacock ($10). I have been stuck without a liquid liner for a while so I'm excited about creating the perfect cat eye again!


I've been dying to try Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF25 ($7.50) since Christine of Temptalia loves it so much! The packaging looks like something from an old-fashioned apothecary, which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment