Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Living La Vida Dita!

In Style Magazine featured the burlesque-star Dita Von Teese's Los Angeles home. The star embraces full-on retro glamour in her living spaces. Teese and I share two design philosophies: decorate in colors that you look good in (people will see you in this room, after all, so might as well look good in it!) and don't hesitate to store your lingerie in places outside your bedroom (In my apartment every room besides the kitchen has clothes or accessories in it!).

The living room -


Flocked wall paper and taxidermied animals make a bold statement against teal blue walls -- one of the colors Dita favors wearing. I love the serenity that the unified color scheme brings to the room so that the warmer art deco furniture stands out.

The Dining Room-

The living room's theme is carried over into the dining room where a splash of red is added.

The Library -

I adore the fuschia couch and ottoman combo with the striped window shade in the background. Every home needs a library, so classic! Notice the antique lamp and chandelier, plus the leopard rug!

The Kitchen -

My dream kitchen is pink. One of these days I'll stop renting and paint all my cabinets to match all the pink appliances I already own. Check out those lady head vases, my grandma has one that I hope to inherit. I can remember playing with the vases real pearl earring when I was a kid!

The Bedroom -


I adore the Hollywood glamour with the silver fabrics and mirrored furniture. I'm doing the same thing in my bedroom only I added some navy to the white + silver color pallete. I adore that wallpaper!

The closets -




Dita has two closets made from two bedrooms, my dream is to one day have a whole bedroom to turn into a closet! Like Dita I love having everything setting out, waiting for me to put on! Check out her array of hats, shoes, and frocks. I love all the chinoisere details in both rooms. See that vanity with the round mirror? Everyone's grandma has one of those, so easy to find in antique stores and flea markets so you can have some Dita style for yourself!

The Garden -

Dita unifies everything in her garden by painting it lime green. I think its a brilliant way to tie a hodge-podge of finds together, make a statement, and yet not distract from the beauty of a lush green backyard. Love love love!

No comments:

Post a Comment