Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekly Expense Report : The Color Edition

This week's shopping has definitely been about color and form as a vast departure from April's rainy weather. I'm really into combining unexpected colors at the moment and my Spring trend-of-choice is neon lime.

This top from The Limited ($50) is such a vibrant blue it caught my eye, but I never wear a silhouette like this. I bought it because it pushes me out of my comfort zone. The result is unexpectedly sexy with the shoulder slits and slinky fabric. Pencil skirts meet killer blue top.


Good luck finding this 1950's skirt ($45) from The Limited, it is sold out online and I snatched the last one at my local store. This neon citron skirt is so floaty and fun, I bought it to wear with the blue top above but I'm going to be pairing this with a lot of things. The color of my Shoedazzle pumps from last week are a perfect match too! There is nothing more retro-riffic than matching.


It was time to order new checks so these cuties from Checks In The Mail ($17) come with a cool trellis pattern AND shoes. Louboutins no less. Leave the boring checks to boring people ladies!


Ah, my new living room rug from Overstock.com ($127). I decided to inject color into our black + white living space with this rug, it looks awesome with our 1960's houndstooth sofa! I chose a large-scale print so the room wouldn't look too busy.


LUSH's Karma Koomba solid shampoo ($10) is the only thing that can get my oily hair squeaky clean. The scent is intoxicating and uplifting.


This retro shirred swimsuit from Lane Bryant ($100) is super flattering with a built-in bra, tummy-controlling spandex and side rouching. I've been drooling over similar swimsuits from pinupgirl.com but I was concerned about the support. Lane Bryant swimsuits start at a 14 and run small, so anyone a size 10 or above could rock one of these suits if they have the bustline to support it. I ordered mine in red but it comes in six different colors.


While I was purchasing my swimsuit at Lane Bryant I picked up this highlighter-colored cardigan ($43). This is the perfect oversize, slouchy fit to wear open over a tee and skinny jeans on my days off. The color also matches the pleated skirt above and my new Shoedazzle shoes from last week! I'm going to be wearing this with royal blue to make the colors pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment