Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekly Expense Report: Stretching Your Fashion Dollar

When I got the flyer for Old Navy's dress sale I decided to drop my fashion dollars on quantity over quality. Isn't that what summer is all about, cheap disposable fashion? Now I just have to cross my fingers that they will withstand a wash.


The lime striped tie-front jersey dress ($15) is a perfect throw it on and go staple. I will anchor the neon color with a pewter studded belt and shiny purple heels.


I saw this highlighter yellow crepe tie-belt dress ($25) featured in Lucky magazine last month. I was thrilled that it flattered and I received so many compliments at work. Fashion advice--- Always pair a real belt with dresses instead of those little self-tie belts. Use the self-tie belt for your hair or as a scarf with a different outfit, but a cheap dress always looks more expensive with a real belt. I chose red.


This drawstring raglan-sleeve jersey top ($25) is retro perfection. It will look great with red trousers at work or magenta shorts and wedges on my day off. Maybe even those yellow jeans I plan on buying. I'm resisting going back to buy it in red.


The florals at Old Navy right now remind me of pin-up Hawaiian prints and this floral-print racerback tank ($18) is no exception. I will be pairing it with my high-waisted pencil skirts, wide-legged trousers, and maybe even my beloved magenta shorts.


Pin-up perfect denim capris? Check! These dark denim patch-pocket capris ($30) are super flattering. I feel ready for summer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment