Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekly Expense Report: Vintage Shopping

Mr. Anachronistic Style and I spent a snowy day in downtown Delaware, Ohio trolling through the antique stores. We had lunch at Bun's before visiting three antique stores and one vintage clothing store. We rounded out our day with Babycakes bakery and coffee at Choffey's where I kicked Mr. Anachronistic Style's butt at penny hockey. Good day.



I found quite a few treasures at DPS Antiques and collectibles. I couldn't go home without the pink feather plume pen I scored for only $9 and Mr. Anachronistic Style found some old photographs of infinitely stylish people for only $1-4! I found quite a few bobbles, my cherry pin was only $2 and the green clip earrings and pin set were only $7.


The $3 tray above was also purchased at DPS antiques for my vanity and I couldn't resist sneaking my plume pen in there again. The candy-colored necklace was scored at Sandusky Street Antiques for only $10. I also found some amazing vintage lingerie--peach tap shorts and a romper that would have come home with me if they had fit.



We visited Captain Betty's Vintage and I was very impressed with the selection. Betty herself though is a loon and I may have left a bad review at the link above. *cough cough* I scored the pretty art-deco bauble pictured above with my McQueen-esque scarf for a cool $38. Since she had men's vintage I snapped Mr. Anachronistic Style in his new $6 vintage tie.


After an hour at Betty's I was ready to order my first Vivcore dress set ($132). I love the fact that I can get a vintage look while enjoying the pleasures of shopping new (and actually find my size!) I have so many outfits planned already for these separates.

No comments:

Post a Comment