Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekly Expense Report: A Vocabulary Lesson


Banana Republic:
–noun Usually Disparaging .any of the small countries in the tropics, especially in the Western hemisphere, whose economies are largely dependent on fruit exports, tourism, and foreign investors. (Webster's).

What a name for a retailer! I had a shopping trip at the good ol' BR and I am quite proud of myself. I bought tops. I never buy tops. Skirts and dresses are constant buys but for some reason I hardly buy tops, so two tops and only one skirt is quite the accomplishment.

This tunic top is called the flutter tutu tee ($30) so how could I not get it? The melon color is darling and I love how the "tutu" balances out my busty frame. And it is on sale!

This celery green pointelle ruffled open cardigan ($80) is such a fun color for summer and perfect for working in an air-conditioned building in the summer. I found a tank in the same color to go under it so now I have a twinset.

I buy way too many skirts for work so I bought one especially for my days off. This knit striped layered skirt ($50) is so comfy and flirty. The website only has the navy + white combo but the one I bought in store was white + gray for a more tonal look. I may be heading back for the navy!

Lime Crime Makeup was having a 24-hour Facebook sale so I placed my first order! I've been wanting to try the lipsticks ($16) for a while so the sale was a great excuse. I purchased Retrofuturist, Cosmopop, and Mint to Be. I can't wait to get them so I can try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment