Sunday, July 17, 2011

Style Diary: Retro Red Weekend!

Decided it is time to share my own outfits on my blog, put a little more of myself out there. This is my first style diary post. I spent this weekend swimming, boating, drinking, catching up on my glossy reading and finishing season three of True Blood. All in retro style, of course!


Red Marilyn Swimsuit: Lane Bryant
Polka Dot Sunglasses: Claire's, last year
Red skull scarf: Traded for on MUA
Face: BRTC BB Cream SPF 28
Lips: Avon Ultra Color Rich lipstick in Red 2000 ($7), my favorite everyday red lipstick!
Nails: China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Pearly white goth girl complexion: naturally blessed!




As you can probably tell red is my power color. I don't let my red hair keep me from piling on the red, I treat red as a neutral the same way other women treat black or tan. Red goes with everything, brightens my complexion and elevates any outfit. I'll belt a purple dress with red and add red shoes, I'll wear red pants with any top, and when I'm not working you'll always find me in one of my dozen red lipsticks.

Oh yeah, and meet the girls. I measure at a 36G so I was super excited about this Lane Bryant swimsuit that ACTUALLY FITS THE GIRLS. Never before have my girls been so supported, I also like that the suit can switch from halter to a traditional swimsuit to alleviate the neck pain caused by toting around such large tracts of land. I hope LB brings this swimsuit back year after year in different colors and patterns!

There is no Weekly Expense Report this week, gearing up for Otakon means squirreling money away!

4 comments:

  1. You look great! Red is such a wonderful color, and that swim suit is to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, the swimsuit is such a perfect fit on you- stunning! Loving your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah that's a neat shoot and those colors!
    I love the swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete