Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekly Expense Report: Vintage Finds + Summer Shoes


My best friend Eden and I went vintage shopping this weekend in
Cuyahoga Falls, OH. We found a great shop called Secret Past and went a little crazy for vintage shoes, hats, and jewelry. We hit all the antique shops in the area and then stopped by Metropolis Popcorn for a snack (Reese's and Vanilla Pecan respectively.) We also did some disappointing thrifting around Akron before ending up at DSW and TJ Maxx for some serious damage. We had dinner at Bravo and enjoyed Bruscetta, Lasagna Verduta + Chocolate Lava Cake, and Grilled Salmon and Asparagus Salad + Creme Brulee respectively. We were our fabulous selves all weekend. Let's check out my haul!

I fell in love with this pink and aurora borealis crystal bib necklace ($24). I'm not afraid to wear rhinestones every day, I don't know why other women save them for special occasions. Their lives are 80% less sparkly than they should be! There were matching earrings which Eden snagged.

There is a lost art to wearing a cardigan and this is one of the accouterments ($12). The little roses and pearls are so Betsey Johnson. I will be clipping this onto lapels, shrugs and cardigans.

I fell in love with this vintage pillbox hat ($8) and snapped it up immediately. I'm going to start wearing hats for a vintage flare more often. I love the little rose on the back!

This is a hat/hair ornament ($15) that looks amazing against my burgandy hair. The blue netting sweeps over the face just so and the sequins are simply magical. I need to find an outfit for this one!


I was so excited to find the Harajuku Lovers Yipee Wedge Sandal ($35) at DSW. I fell for the red because it fulfills my childhood love of the jelly sandal and combines it with Minnie Mouse and walk-all-day comfort. I love the details--the heart-shaped buckle and gingham sole featuring one of the L.A.M.B girls.

My favorite find, I was coveting these on Zappos when they sold out. You can find these Poetic License Dainty Doll flats ($98) on the Irregular Choice site still. The pink + green combo kills me, then we have cherries, rhinestone bows, and a comfortable heel so I can actually wear these to work for a winning combination.

I scored the Born "Miss" wedge sandal ($84) at TJMaxx for only $50! I had not seen the pink I had been coveting in the Columbus stores so I had to snap it up when I saw it! If you know me you know I am obsessed with comfortable high heels that I can wear all day so I stalk Born and Sofft's websites looking for cute styles. I spare no expense on comfortable shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment