Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekly Expense Report: The Cheap Edition

In the midst of life-altering financial commitments and new beginnings I've come to the conclusion that I spend too much. Like a good 50s housewife I surround myself with a material dream-world to distract from the ugly parts of life but my bank account is truly suffering for it. I'm preparing posts on financial commitments and how to prepare for the future while living an anachronistic lifestyle but in the meantime I am scaling back my spending and trying to convince myself that saving money is the way to go. Shall we see where I've pinched my pennies this week?


I finally indulged my curiosity with Margarita Bloom's Fairytales and Folklore Luxury Milk Bath Soak ($22) in Sweet Dreams. Described as "buttercream and snickerdoodle...sweet cream, caramel, nutmeg, praline, cocoa and vanilla" I am looking forward to this delicious bath! I usually use LUSH products at $2.50-$6 each bath but this 10-ounce jar will give me twenty baths for just over $1 each bath! I don't mind saving money with that cute packaging!


I had to pick up the Joie de vivre Luxury Treat Bag ($14.50) as an introduction to the brand. This baby is filled with random samples so I can try a full range of products before I invest more money! Oh, and did I mention you get 20% off with the code BEAUTIFULYOU?


I decided to scope out Maurices for some cheap fashion thrills. I found this awesome two button faux fur coat ($20 in-store) on sale. I'll be pinning my new rhinestone cherries on this one! The material is cheap but for a white occasional coat I can live with it.


My other cheap splurge is this grecian-inspired colorblock top ($26.) I love the 1930's styling and I can wait to rip off that cheap belt and add a sparkly rhinestone one. The tight bottom half of the shirt is perfect for tucking into my high-waisted pencil skirts for work! The material can be washed a thousand times and will never show wear so I feel like I got a sound investment on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment