Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekly Expense Report: Holiday Glitter & Glam

.
While I scramble to finish all my last-minute Christmas shopping I have scooped up a couple things for myself along the way. I'm focusing on injecting more glamour and opulence into my wardrobe with sequins, fur, and retro-inspired lingerie.



This Donna Karan New York sequin party dress ($128) is my back-up anniversary dress in case the teal one doesn't work. Otherwise I'll be rocking it for New Year's Eve. I love the champagne and smoke sparkle--very film-noir in a classic silhouette. A dress this dramatic begs for a fascinator! You can find XS-XL here at Macy's and 14-28 here at Lane Bryant!


My favorite intimate store Cacique has a fabulous new December collection for the curvy and fabulous crowd that features pin-up girl styling. The ribbon slotted bandeau bra ($42) stole my heart with her polka dots and teal ribbon and comes in 36C-36DDD and 38-44B-H. The matching ribbon slotted hipster panty ($18) comes in pant sizes 12-28.


Because artfully lounging is a priority and I am a sucker for polka dots this cami doll set ($40) came home with me. It even comes with matching tap pants.



Another bra and panty set in heart-throbbing pink and black French-inspired lace. The passion lace balconette ($38) and the luxury lace trim hipster ($18) are perfect for everyday wear and come in a wide range of sizes!


There is no way I could leave this striped set behind featuring little cherry charms! The striped plunge bra ($42) and striped tanga panty ($18) will nestle their way into my lingerie drawer.


I never knew how much I would appreciate the starry night 2 piece pajama set ($55) until I put it on. I love Cacique sleepwear because the smallest size is perfectly oversized on me--like I borrowed my husband's sleep pants but they are more comfortable and come in the cutest prints. I was attracted to this set because of the D&G inspired print and little ruffle details. I never anticipated just how glamorous I would feel lounging around in these vintage-y menswear-inspired pajamas. I'll go back for more after Christmas when they are on sale so I can pick up a few more prints!



If I'm not buying tights from welovecolors.com then Spanx are definitely my legwear of choice. I love the patterned tights and hosiery with the high-waisted control top--they fit perfectly and flatter my curves better than any hosiery I've ever tried! I purchased the Diamond and Swiss Dot sheer fashion hose ($28) to round out my Holiday wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment