Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekly Expense Report: Outlet Shopping

Visited the Jeffersonville Outlet Mall which is about an hour outside of Columbus, OH this week. I hadn't been in YEARS but now I am an avid believer. I never trusted outlet malls because I knew that most stores never carried the real deal, that there was a bunch of factory stores with sub-par products. Which is still true---the Banana Republic Factory Store and Ann Taylor Factory store contains cheap-quality products that have never been inside a real mall, and I'm sorry but isn't Old Navy ALREADY an outlet store? But I did find a few gems--the Juicy Couture Outlet, the kate spade Outlet, and the White House | Black Market Outlet.


Who knew that kate spade sold clip earrings that don't pinch ($54)? I love these huge cushion cut stones that look so retro! I find myself grabbing the pink ones just about every day!


So of course I had to grab them in turqoise too ($54). I haven't worn these yet, I keep reaching for the pink ones!


I've been jonesing for the kate spade Franca sunglasses ($128) since my other white sunglasses busted. I had a conniption when I found a pair at the outlet! Overall I was very pleased with the outlet, almost all the products had been in real kate spade stores and were the quality you expect from the brand.


Scored this Juicy Couture cupcake key fob ($58) to keep all my keys nice and tidy. The Juicy Couture Outlet is a nice mix of real product and products made especially for the outlet, you just have to be picky and ask the sales girls what's what.


It's just not a shopping trip without a shoe purchase. The White House | Black Market pink cork wedge ($30) is on sale and my new favorite shoe! I can walk a mile in these things and I am determined to properly break them in before they are stored away until next summer.



A few more of the items I picked up at the WHBM outlet! I have decided I'm not shopping the real stores anymore since ALL products end up at the outlet in 2-3 months anyway! I've hunted all over town for those magenta shorts in my size so I was stoked to find them at the outlet. I almost bought the dress at full price ($168!) and scored it at the outlet for only $45.

I think I've discovered a new shopping addiction and my wallet couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. This is really very cool and eye catching collection. I would love to step in at Juicy Couture Outlet. Any idea regarding its opening hours

    ReplyDelete