Friday, May 4, 2012

Dita Von Teese: How She Became the Most Famous Stripper in America

LA Weekly did an amazing interview and photo-shoot of my favorite ambassador of glamour. Read the interview by Gendy Alimurung here! The fabulous technicolor photo set is by Star Foreman.


The interview gives us a peek into the very little-known parts of her career, when her persona was in it's infancy.



"There is a difference, Dita Von Teese has learned, between getting naked onstage and "in real life." Onstage she controls everything: From the lights illuminating her pale breasts, to the layers of body makeup smoothing over her thighs, to the Swarovski crystal and feathers, many "special tricks" go into creating the illusion of otherworldly perfection."


Do you know the one rule of burlesque? No pink. That's how you keep it classy.


"I'm probably overcoming my feelings of being very average-looking. Which made me want to create glamour and paint myself and do my makeup and hair well, and become something that I wasn't originally."

No comments:

Post a Comment